Windows Server 2003 EOL
Windows Server 2003 is going End of Life. Deadline Date is 14th July 2015.
In July 2010, Microsoft transitioned from providing mainstream support for Windows Server 2003 to releasing critical patches only. July 14, 2015 marks another transition, this time the end of Microsoft support for Windows Server 2003/R2.
While this date may seem distant, now is the time to understand that the end of support and the end of life of Windows Server 2003 means that your business needs to ensure that it has a plan to migrate the applications and workloads currently relying on Windows Server 2003 onto Windows Server 2012 R2 or another suitable platform; e.g. a cloud-based or other tailored solution for your business.
If your business is running on Windows Server 2003 after July 14, 2015 there are a few things you should know about and what impact it will have on your business.
- No security updates, exposing your Windows Server 2003 installation to security threats
- Hot fixes and bug fixes will no longer be provided
- If your business accepts credit cards, you’ll be out of PCI compliance
- If you handle client data of any description, legal data policies may not be met
- Should you have an issue with your Windows Server 2003 server there will be no phone or onsite support options from Microsoft
Thankfully, Radius Technologies has a plan to assist businesses who need to migrate to a compliant system. We will:
- Identify your Windows Server 2003 instances and assess the business critical apps that are running on them
- Construct a plan for your migration – whether that’s to Windows Server 2012 R2 or some other option to be discussed
- Manage your migration so your business is minimally impacted and you are protected by the time end of support happens on July 14, 2015
If you would like to receive a call from one of our team, you can contact us via our Lo-Call number 1890 592 500 or you can request a callback using the contact form below.