We are currently expanding our team and are looking for a motivated and experienced Level 3 Project Engineer.
Radius Technologies is one of Ireland’s leading companies in the IT, Cloud, Telecoms and MSP marketplace. The company is entrepreneur-led and has ambitious plans to grow both organically and through acquisitions over the coming years.
Job Description –Project Engineer Level 3
Reporting To: Service Delivery Manager
Location: Waterford (Head Office)/ Hybrid Option
This role supports engineering projects as assigned from start to finish work delivered is to the highest quality, on time and meets and exceeds client expectations.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As a Project Level 3 Engineer, your duties will include:
- Project planning and implementation including but not limited to virtual and physical server builds, creating cloud VM on private and public clouds, networking equipment configurations (firewall, switches, WiFi APs and controllers)
- Remote technical assessment of potential clients IT infrastructure and preparing a technical assessment for the sales account manager with observations and recommendations
- Level 3 technical escalation point for the helpdesk team
- Remote support of client sites
- Cyber Security Audits
- Identify and implements technical systems/tools that will lead to greater efficiencies.
- Degree level qualification with Microsoft certifications and/or equivalent or related industry experience in an IT discipline
- Minimum of 5 years relevant technical experience
- Project management experience
Essential Technical Competencies
- Detailed understanding and troubleshooting experience in a virtual environment (preferably Hyper V)
- Firewalls support experience – VPN’s, Routing, Firewall / NAT rules, (preferably Fortigate and Draytek)
- AD and DNS troubleshooting experience
- Configuring and managing RMM (preferably Kaseya and PRTG) and Microsoft SCOM
- PowerShell scripting
- SQL database administration, support and troubleshooting skills
- Building and configuring Server hardware – including RAID configuration, SAN and Clusters support
- Willingness to learn/up skill in a changing technical environment.
- Prior experience in the SME sector
- Field service engineer experience
- Customer Service – Putting the customer at the heart of all decision making ensuring quality care is always a priority
- Planning and Organisational Skills – The individual must have the ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise tasks to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Attention to detail – continually checking work to ensure delivery of the highest quality
- Communications Skills – Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential to enable the individual to effectively communicate with all stakeholders
- Teamwork – The ability to work as part of a team
Fill out the form below to apply for this exciting Project Engineer Level 3 role.