IACT have used a SIP based phone system for over 15 years but we’ve never experienced the flexibility and benefits offered to us by being fully integrated with Microsoft Teams. The installation from Radius was smooth and very professional. Our monthly costs are now lower and we have the benefit of the latest and most up to date equipment. We have greater flexibility and a workforce that can make and receive calls from anywhere”
Shane Broadberry – Director, IACT
- Microsoft Teams Phone System for 16 users including direct dial for each user
- Out of Hours (OOH) phone menu including pre-recorded messages, go to voicemail, forward to user options, hunt groups for Sales, Reception and Trainers
- Installation of Yealink Microsoft Teams certified handsets to enable video calls between existing internal video phones
- Conferencing call (internal call) to extension 100 (no Pin) and external access via the phone number
- Click-to-call addition on the website to dial Sales hunt group and registration of calls to Pipedrive CRM software
- Yealink MCV500 Complete Video Conferencing Solution which bundles together an HD webcam, touchscreen console tablet, 2 x wireless microphones, HDMI hub, mini-PC, and a stereo soundbar speaker
The International Academy of Computer Training (IACT) company runs expert training courses for businesses and individuals. Founded in 1993, they are Ireland’s largest and most experienced IT Training business. From their Dublin 2 campus, IACT provides everything from Microsoft Office to Adobe Photoshop, and professional IT Technician certifications. Since Covid-19, they have implemented measures to ensure safe social distancing in their classrooms and as one of the early adopters of eLearning, they are top of their game at providing interactive virtual lectures and online training. Their clients include many Fortune 500 companies including Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Intel, Dell, Ericsson, Citigroup, Hewlett-Packard, GE and many others.
During the height of the pandemic, many businesses faced growing uncertainty about how key staff would work from home or from the office. IACT reached out to Radius to discuss options for their phone system and video conferencing facilities.
According to Sean Dowling, Director of Telecoms for Radius, “it became clear from speaking with Shane that IACT was looking for a flexible phone system that would support their people to work from anywhere. They also wanted a phone system that would enhance their culture of eLearning and collaboration. Because they were avid users of Microsoft Teams already, it was clearly the way forward to recommend the Radius VoIP and integrated Microsoft Teams system. Shane and the team saw the benefits straight away”.
Radius deployed an integrated MS Teams and Radius cloud-based phone system and Video conferencing solution. By integrating with the already used MS Teams application this ensured the use of a single interface for Video conferencing, chat and telephone, which lessened the learning curve for end-users.
This approach to communications provided IACT with a joined-up solution that facilitated the following integrated functionality:
- Schedule video conferences in their boardroom from their Office 365 calendars which in turn provisions that conference on the VC equipment, while also booking the room!
- Make and take calls from their office mainline number from any location using any device available to them
- Access a central global address list from Office 365 which also acts as a central phone directory
The above is in addition to the native functions available through the Radius cloud-based phone system:
- IVR (Interactive Voice Response) or “Auto-attendant “
- Voicemail to email for all users
- Customisable on-hold music and message
- Self-manageable client portal allowing changes to the behaviour of the system
As an early adopter in their field, IACT has the history and culture to fearlessly innovate in the face of crisis and adapt. It’s what keeps them leaders in their field. The decision to go with the Radius Teams Phone system is another example of this fearlessness. The Teams interface gives them a single platform for all their communications; meetings, scheduling, file sharing, video, and now voice internally and externally. Add to that the mix of physical Teams certified handsets and unlimited virtual lines that work from anywhere, it becomes much more than a communications system, it becomes a fundamental part of the business. Not only does it promote fluid communications, but it gives them 360 degrees approach to their communications.
Sean Dowling remarks, “The Radius cloud-based Integrated VoIP solution has now enabled IACT to be agile in terms of how they access their corporate communications, which in today’s climate means they can remotely deploy and redeploy their workforce at the flick of a switch while maintaining consistency and quality of contact with their customers and suppliers”.
Learn more about the Microsoft Teams Phone System