Field Service Engineer Level 1 – South East
Onsite delivery of Radius technical services specifically installs of communications cables and equipment to appropriate industry and manufacturer standards, and troubleshooting cabling issues.
This role is based in the South East.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Install, support, and replace end-user devices, Laptops / PC’s, printers
- Configuring office 365 and setting up new office 365 email accounts
- Troubleshoot on site Hardware including Broadband connections
- Assist with Troubleshooting Networks, servers and Security devices
- Carry out the job as directed, liaise with the client on completion and confirm if there is anything else required on site, ensuring 100% satisfaction from the client during the install.
- Run cables into planned locations, and terminate cables into the appropriate patch panel or connector, install containment for Cat5e, Cat6 and fibre optic cables to high standard and manufacturer specifications
- Travel to customer locations. Inspect sites, determine customer network requirements (current and future) and viability of options for cable installation
- Install network equipment (routers, switches, firewalls, wireless AP’s) and accessories (PDU, UPS, cable management tray). Patch network cabling to the correct equipment. Ensure cable and network equipment is functioning
- Trace, troubleshoot and repair structured cabling. Determine where networking issues arise from cabling issues.
Skills & Qualifications
- Full clean driving License is essential.
- Relevant Technical Qualification essential.
- Hunger to learn and progress in ICT field (training / course provided)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent attention to detail, time keeping and Customer service skills
- Flexible individual with the ability to work in a fast paced environment