New Year’s resolutions aren’t just about personal goals. Business goals should be not be neglected this time of year. We all want to do things better and one of the best ways to do this is through useful tech tools known as apps. To help with that we have put together a list of the 15 best productivity apps for Irish businesses. These apps are either for smartphone (Apple or Android) and some even come with a desktop or web browser version. All of these apps are easy to use and will supercharge your productivity this year.
- Outlook (Licence required – Google Play / iOS App Store) – An app that is often overlooked, Outlook lets you bring all your email accounts and calendars in one convenient spot. Whether it’s staying on top of your inbox or scheduling the next big thing, Outlook makes it easy to be your most productive, organised, and connected.
- Sharepoint (Licence required / Free- Google Play/ iOS App Store) / Onedrive / Google Drive) With easy on-the-go access, the SharePoint mobile app helps keep your work moving forward by providing quick access to your team sites, organization portals and resources, and the people you work with. You can see site activities, get quick access to recent and popular files, and view and edit lists on your team sites.
- Onenote (Free – Google Play / iOS App Store) – Microsoft OneNote is a program for free-form information gathering and multi-user collaboration. It gathers users’ notes, drawings, screen clippings, and audio commentaries. Notes can be shared with other OneNote users over the Internet or a network.
- Google Authenticator (Free – Google Play / iOS App Store) – Google Authenticator is a free security app that can protect your accounts against password theft. It’s easy to set up and can be used in a process called two-factor authentication (2FA) offered on popular services like Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more.
- MS Teams (Free – Google Play / iOS App Store) – Microsoft Teams is your hub for teamwork in Office 365. All your team conversations, files, meetings, and apps live together in a single shared workspace, and you can take it with you on your favourite mobile device. You can now integrate your phone system into Teams and other O365 apps to enable calls natively.
- Lastpass (Free – Google Play / iOS App Store) – Do you struggle to manage your passwords effectively? Constantly resetting passwords? Then this app might be the answer for you. LastPass is a freemium password manager that stores encrypted passwords online. The standard version of LastPass comes with a web interface, but also includes plugins for various web browsers and apps for many smartphones.
- Canva (Free – Google Play / iOS App Store)- Canva is a simplified graphic-design tool. It uses a drag-and-drop format and provides access to photographs, vector images, graphics, and fonts. It is used by non-designers as well as professionals. The tools can be used for both web and print media design and graphics. Ideal for simple social media or website graphics.
- Filmora (Free – Google Play / iOS App Store) or Power Director (Free)- Filmora is a video editing software service built for starters who would like to spend less time understanding the basic functionalities of a video editing software and focus more on their task of creating and editing videos. A voice-over can also be added on videos with this video editing software.
- Hootsuite (Free – Google Play / iOS App Store) or Buffer (Free) – Hootsuite helps teams engage with audiences schedule content across multiple social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google+ from one secure web-based dashboard.
- Office Lens (Free – Google Play / iOS App Store ) – Microsoft Office Lens is effectively a portable scanner in your pocket, allowing you to capture pictures of whiteboards, documents, and receipts to save and edit them digitally as pdfs or jpeg. This app is ideal for storing whiteboard drawings and notes in the cloud via Onedrive.
- Expensify (Google Play / iOS App Store) or Open Entry (free for up to 5 scans a month)- Expensify is like a virtual accountant. It’s a mobile app that helps you track and submit receipts and expenses.
- Trello (Free – Google Play / iOS App Store) – Trello is a project management App and teamwork app that features native notifications, powerful enhancements and more – away from the distractions of your browser. Stay productive with a beautiful minimal interface that doesn’t get in the way of your work
- Linkedin (Free – Google Play / iOS App Store) – whether you want to find a new job, keep in touch with your network, or stay up-to-date on the latest from your connections and your industry. The app will let you access most of the features and functionality of LinkedIn on the go.
- Twitter (Free – Google Play / iOS App Store)– another app often overlooked. We use this app to keep in touch with the world and the latest developments in our industry.
- Workflowy (Free –Google Play / iOS App Store) or Trello or Evernote- Saving the best productivity app for last! Worflowy is a simple yet effective “to-do” list and task manager. It’s cloud-based and works across multiple devices.
Need help configuring or licensing your Microsoft Office365 Apps? Please contact our sales team today.